- Causes of heartburn
- Recommendations for heartburn
- What products can be used for heartburn
- What products are better excluded from the diet
- Folk remedies for heartburn
Heartburn is not considered a serious disease, but brings significant discomfort to the owner. Feeling a strong burning sensation in the chest, as well as debilitating pain in the throat and deliver a lot of inconvenience to spoil the mood. And any "tasty" event immediately overshadowed by the already known unpleasant symptoms.
Causes of heartburn
People who often complain of a burning sensation in the stomach, most likely, the lower esophageal sphincter is not elastic or very often relaxes, acid flowing from the stomach into the esophagus. The process of burning occurs at a time when the tissue of the esophagus and stomach acid misses traumatizes it.
The most common heartburn occurs after a meal or strenuous exercise. A cause unpleasant burning sensation can become banal non-compliance with key rules of a healthy diet: eating, eating large quantities of fried, spicy, canned, smoked or sweet foods, as well as excessive consumption of alcohol. Also heartburn occurs due to failure of a diet too early or late meals, big breaks between meals.
But poor nutrition - are not the only cause of heartburn (gastroesophageal reflux). The most frequent cause of diseases of the digestive organs is stress. Also, heartburn can be caused by ulcers, gastritis, esophagitis, diaphragmatic hernia, or constipation. We can not say that it provokes heartburn hyperacidity, as these symptoms can occur at low gastric acidity.
Heartburn may be provoked by some medications, such as anti-asthma drugs that reduce the tone of the lower esophageal sphincter, because of which the stomach contents into the esophagus and causes burning. Whatever the reason may be, to determine its best to consult a gastroenterologist, not diagnose yourself.
Recommendations for heartburn
- To avoid burning the next attack, you need to eat right. Eliminate from your diet foods that can trigger symptoms of illness.
- The diet should comprise a greater degree of "safe" products, i.e. those which are not able to cause burning. Exclude from the menu foods that contain large amounts of acid.
- Heartburn - individual disease, so some of these "allowed" foods can cause unpleasant burning sensation and "forbidden" - on the contrary. Listen to the reaction of the organism to choose the perfect diet.
- All diet heartburn diet should consist of only natural ingredients. Give up all sorts of additives. "Kirieshki" and chips have to leave your menu forever.
- When heartburn, try not to eat fatty, fried, and "heavy" food that requires a long digestion.
- Eat often, 4-5 times a day, but in small portions. A large number of food hampers the digestive process and can disrupt the production of gastric soka.Takim way, you will avoid stretching devoid of the stomach, which is another risk factor.
- If you have a habit of relaxing after a meal, try to forget about it. The best solution will be a short walk in the fresh air. Do not eat before going to bed, your stomach, too, want to relax. Dinner should be as light, low-fat.
- Diet Diet for heartburn needs to adhere to the rules: all meals and drinks should be slightly warmed. Too hot food adversely affects the mucous membrane of the stomach and esophagus, irritating it. A cold food inhibits the secretory function of the stomach, which is why the process of digestion is very slow.
- Medicinal preparations which contain acetylsalicylic acid, can be irritating to the gastrointestinal tract. In this case, discard the medication after meals. Moreover, heartburn can strengthen sedatives, antispasmodics and antidepressants.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol only heightens the symptoms of the disease. Therefore, when a burning Minimize the number of cigarettes and alcohol intake.
- Scientists noticed that people who are afraid, nervous or are under constant stress, suffer from heartburn more often.
- Do not wear tight clothing. Such clothing, as well as the folds of fat on my stomach, pinched waist, causing stomach acid to rise up into the esophagus.
- Uncontrolled prolonged use of antacids that relieve the symptoms of heartburn, can lead to side effects (constipation, vomiting and so on.), So before you take an antacid, make sure to consult your doctor.
What products can be used for heartburn?
- You can eat potatoes, beets, green peas, cauliflower, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin and sour ripe tomatoes in a small number;
- a beneficial effect on the stomach parsley and dill, finely chopped in salads and soups;
- highly digestible porridge, cooked in water or milk, buckwheat, semolina, oat and boiled rice and boiled pasta;
- certainly there are soups, vegetables, dressed with sour cream, butter and egg yolk;
- diet diet for heartburn include eating steamed or boiled fish;
- You can have cheese, mild cheese and skim milk;
- It fits well in a diet of lean meats in the steam or boiled;
- You can use a hard-boiled or soft-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs for a couple;
- suitable for dessert sweet fruits or berries, marshmallows and candy in small quantities.
- as drinks can be consumed cocoa with milk, weak tea with milk or cream, broth hips, fruit and berry juices.
- heartburn can eat unsalted butter, olive oil and sunflower oil;
- of the flour is well suited wheat bread or a little of yesterday's baking the dried and dry biscuits, cookies and muffins nesdobnye.
What products are better excluded from the diet?
Drinking large quantities of sugar aggravates the symptoms of heartburn. It irritates the epithelium of the stomach and esophagus than stimulates acid secretion. High sugar content creates a good breeding ground for gastric bacteria that, according to medical research, are able to induce the development of gastric ulcers and in the fermentation of sugar produced in the stomach gas. In order not to provoke the renewal of heartburn symptoms, reduce the consumption of sugar and products that contain it in large quantities.
Alcohol - one of the few materials and beverages in general, which is absorbed directly into the stomach, while the remaining components are broken down in the small intestine. Like sugar, alcohol negatively affects the stomach, causing increased secretion of gastric acid. Also in the lower esophagus sphincter weakens it, due to which the probability of getting acid into the esophagus increases significantly.
These components are similar to relax the esophageal sphincter, so try to avoid foods, beverages, and even chewing gum, flavored oils such.
Like any other diet, diet with heartburn needs to give up chocolate. All favorite treat almost immediately relaxes the closing function of the sphincter. The culprit is caffeine or its equivalent, is contained in the tile. Heartburn use of chocolate in any form is undesirable.
And tea and coffee contain some caffeine, which relaxes the sphincter and causes acid reflux of stomach. Try to get rid of the addiction to caffeine, but do it slowly to avoid caffeine abstinence symptoms: irritability, sleepiness, and a severe headache.
Such food as the previous components, adversely affect the operation of the sphincter. Therefore, of the diet so that the share of fatty foods accounted for only 30% of calories, and its absorption is distributed over the entire day rather than once.
At first glance, it appears that the milk has a calming effect on the stomach, but in fact it is only temporarily neutralize the acid, after which it becomes more. Dairy products are a good source of high quality protein, but their use is desirably combined with other foods.
Even the delicious citrus drink could lead to a wave of burning in the stomach, the fact that it violates the coordination of muscle movements of the esophagus, which can lead to spasm and release of acid in the stomach. How would you have liked or orange juice, gastroenterologists recommend to reduce its consumption to 50 ml at a time.
All spices, especially chilli, contain corrosive acids that irritate the lining of the stomach and trigger heartburn. During an exacerbation try to eliminate from the diet of spices.
All tomato products (sauces, paste, juices) may irritate the walls of the esophagus and stomach, as well as disrupt the coordinated functioning of the muscles of the esophagus that guide food to the stomach.
Folk remedies for heartburn
Folk medicine for heartburn recommends:
- grate half a carrot, carrot juice promotes the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract;
- chew a few cooked peas, and people constantly suffer from a burning sensation in the stomach, it is desirable to permanently store boiled peas in the refrigerator;
- well help fennel seeds;
- drink warm mineral water (preferably without gas).
But the most popular way to "extinguish" heartburn - the reception of a weak solution of soda. As it turns out, this option is only exacerbated a serious condition. The interaction of gastric juice and soda form unstable carbonic acid chloride. Carbonic acid, in turn, breaks down into carbon dioxide and water, which stretch the stomach. Indeed, the burning stops, but briefly. After a short period of time after receiving the ash is increased production of gastric juice, and "stretch" the stomach gastric juice passes into the esophagus.
Traditional medicine - it's not a panacea. Let heartburn and can not be called a serious illness, but constantly resort to traditional medicines is not recommended. Diet for heartburn is effective in the event that it will paint specialist, but he could find out the cause of frequent irritation of the esophagus and recommend medications to help resolve it.