The body of the child is very fragile. And, unfortunately, the various infringements are not a rarity - especially disorders of the digestive process. Young mothers often complain of constipation in children. You read this? So for sure, and you are familiar with this problem. Let's try to deal with it together.
For a start, we find out what exactly is constipation. Doctors give the following definition of this phenomenon - the chair slowing compared to the individual characteristics of the child. In addition, constipation is also hindered defecation. In fairness it should be noted that children identify constipation sometimes quite difficult. And no wonder - the frequency of stools have changed very often - depending on the age of the children, such as feeding the baby, and many other factors.
Naturally, the mother asked the question of what should be the frequency of stools. Clear answer to this question is very difficult. Yet doctors found the average age norms:
- Breastfed babies - from one to seven times
- Children on artificial feeding - two - three times a day
- Children from 1 to 3 years - five - six times a week
- Children older than 3 years - no less than four times a week
In that case, if there are systematic child locks can assume the presence of functional pathologies of the intestine. In addition, the culprits could be errors in nutrition, physical illness, and sometimes even birth defects. Let's talk more about that.
Who is to blame and what to do?
There is a lot of variety of reasons that can trigger the development of constipation. But you focus only on the most common factors:
- Intestinal motility. Often the cause of constipation are normal intestinal motility disorders having both nervous and endocrine nature of origin. In such cases account for up to 20% of constipation.
- Intestinal infections and dysbiosis. In principle, goiter is the result of almost constant intestinal infection, so we combined these two reasons. Most often, parents goiter is associated with diarrhea. However, locks do not occur often. Therefore, if you are faced with a similar problem, immediately hand over analyzes of feces.
- Hereditary diseases. We can not lose sight of diseases such as Hirschsprung's disease, hypothyroidism, cystic fibrosis. They can also cause systemic constipation in children. Typically, they occur in the very first months of life.
- Nutritional factors. Considerable importance for the normal digestive process, and the child has a diet. Moreover, not only the mode but also the diet. The menu of the child should contain dietary fiber, fluid - we will tell you about this a little later.
- Receiving pharmacological agents. Some drugs may also lead to constipation. As a rule, the physician should warn parents about the possible side effects. But the parents should not be lazy and be sure to carefully read all of the annotations to the drugs that they give to children.
- The lack of movement. As you know, for the normal functioning of the intestine child should be enough to move. Of course, children's lack of movement - the problem is not urgent, because the kids are very difficult to keep in one place. But there are situations where the cause and this is the place to be - for example, if a child is ill.
- Psychological causes. In some cases, constipation is the psychological nature of origin, for example, stress or fear. For example, if a child has an anal fissure, it may restrain the urge to defecate, fear of pain.
Mother's milk - a cure?
Let's take a closer look at this aspect as constipation in an infant. This question raises the most questions and debate among young parents. Can there be problems with a chair in the child, who are exclusively breastfed? Doctors - Pediatricians say that this really could be.
In that case, if the crumbs of the first few months of life there is a chair during the day, most of all, he just simply is not enough mother's milk. This should alert parents. Contact your pediatrician - it will help to determine the cause of the problem and find an adequate solution.
Furthermore, in the development of any child present so-called "jumps" growth. During these periods, the children's body needs more milk, and therefore occurs slowing chair. The explanation is very simple: the stool in the intestines is extremely small, so push them to the outside is almost impossible. As a result, there is a significant dehydration stool - they are very hard and difficult for the child to get rid of them.
This period does not last long - a maximum of a week. After that, my mother's body adapts to the needs of the crumbs, milk production increases and baby chair normal. As mentioned above, between the ages of 6 months to a year the chair must be at least 6 times a week. Although stool frequency should not be the only benchmark. It is necessary to pay attention to the well-being of the child, as well as weight gain - if everything is normal, then nothing to worry about.
If constipation - a sign of the disease
We have already mentioned that constipation can be a sign of a child in the body of any pathology. Generally, constipation is not the only symptom, so diagnosing the disease often presents no difficulties for the doctors. Yet the focus on the main points:
- Dyskinesia colon. This pathology is nothing else, as a violation of the motor function of the intestine. There are two types of dyskinesia: hypertension - intestinal wall muscle tone is extremely increased, due to which the emptying is extremely difficult, and hypotonic - in this case, tone, contrast, reduced. Accordingly, the stool as the bowel does not display. This pathology is diagnosed on the nature of the chair, on the basis of the research function of the intestine. For the treatment used correctional diet and physiotherapy.
- Hirschsprung's disease. The disease is much rarer, but lost sight of it not worth it. It is characterized by congenital defect structure of the colon - in any of its site completely absent nerve endings, and therefore reduction it is not involved. Treatment of this disease - only by surgery. This operation is simple and poses no threat to the child.
- Dolichosigma. Another violation of the structure of the intestine - is the presence of an extra loop of the sigmoid colon. In this case, constipation appear at an early age, immediately after the introduction of complementary foods. Treatment in most cases is also operative.
If milk is not my mother? Just add water…
The fact that children who are breastfed are vulnerable to constipation, we have already found. But what about the things in children receiving artificial milk formula? Do they suffer from constipation? According to doctors - yes. Artificial mixture often becomes the main culprit of a baby constipation.
Most often, the child's digestion and stool normalized fairly quickly and without any intervention. However, in some cases, like this happens. And the only way to deal with this problem is the selection of another type of mixture. And only occasionally, and the measure does not help. In such cases, doctors may recommend an enema. And the mixture must be diluted less concentrated.
Then we gradually move to the next reason, which can lead to constipation. We are talking about a lack of fluid in the body of the child. Most often the problem faced by children who are bottle-fed. For infants, this problem is not relevant - with my mother's milk they are getting enough fluids.
In all other cases, in any case do not forget the need dopaivat kid some water. And for a drinking regimen older child need to monitor more closely - high physical activity often leads to dehydration. Because of this stool harden and put them out of a child's body becomes much more difficult.
The introduction of complementary foods
In some cases, problems with the chair of the baby begins with the introduction of complementary foods. After all, any food greatly affects the process of digestion and, consequently, on the chair of the child. For example, it is very likely to develop constipation those kids who get protein foods - chicken, dairy products, meat - earlier than normal age. In addition, one can not discount the fact that the beginning of the introduction of complementary foods at very many children at some time lost interest in my mother's milk.
And at this time also may develop constipation. In this situation, do not panic - the chair very quickly returns to normal. If this process was delayed for more than one week, parents can help the body crumbs, watching his food regime. And about the simple rules to introduce solid foods to forget not worth it - it will help to avoid these problems.
- In no case do not start complementary feeding earlier than 6 months.
- For the first feeding is recommended to use porridge and boiled vegetables. Of course, thoroughly crushed. Chicken pediatricians do not recommend giving children until at least one year of age.
- Be sure to consider the individual characteristics of the baby. Some kids lag behind in development, or weakened by certain diseases. Of course, solid foods should be introduced a little later. Wise parents in such cases, always consult a pediatrician. What we recommend, and you do fail. The doctor will be able to assess the condition of the child and give necessary recommendations.
And again, and again ...
What to do in the event that the problem is repeated from time to time? The first thing to do - is to as quickly as possible to consult a pediatrician or gastroenterologist. The doctor will conduct all the necessary studies that will identify possible pathologies. If necessary, the doctor will prescribe medication that will help bring the baby chair in order. By the way, pay special attention to - in any case not allowed to give the child WHAT WHATSOEVER pharmacological agents. This can only aggravate the situation.
In the same case, if no serious abnormalities in the child will not be detected, much will depend on the parents.
The psychological problem
We have already mentioned in passing that older children may develop constipation due to psychological factors. Just one case of constipation, in which the child experienced during defecation pain to the child developed a persistent fear of planting pot. The child suffers urge to defecate, stool found in the gut for a long time to lose fluid.
It turns out the real vicious circle, which is quite difficult to break. But it is still possible. The first thing to do - is to adjust the diet. Include the child's menu as much as possible of products containing fiber - fruits, vegetables, grains. In addition, it must be ensured that the child consumed at least one teaspoon of vegetable oil per day.
In addition, many kiddies very effectively help natural yogurt with no artificial additives and colorings. Do not forget also about the dried apricots are with prunes. Of course, it is not necessary to give their kid in an unlimited amount, but 5 - 6 pieces will fall at an opportune moment.
Try to calm the child as much as possible - to show restraint and patience, in any case do not show signs of discontent, and even more irritation. Once the child at least once go to the toilet without pain, the problem will disappear by itself. Although, unfortunately, it is very rare, but still there are times when fear still remains. As a rule, it is typical for children with neurotic personality warehouse. In this case, one has to resort to the help of a child psychologist. Also, sometimes your doctor may prescribe pharmacological agents - often homeopathic remedies.
So constipation in an infant: what to do? If it's a kid, I eat my mother's milk, it is important to pay attention to the diet of the mother. This measure is very likely to be able to adjust the chair baby. Menu mothers must contain large amounts of fiber and products that promote bowel movements. These products include:
- Raw vegetables except cabbage - it increases gassing and can cause intestinal colic
- Bread wholemeal
- Fruits, especially apples and pears
- Sour milk products - yogurt, fermented baked milk, yogurt
- Dried apricots, prunes, plums
Typically, the first effect of this diet is becoming evident by the end of the second day.
Often, doctors are advised to carry out cleansing enemas. Calibration is done simply - boil half a cup of water, let it cool to room temperature. Enter full baby pear, brush tip and gently push it into the anus and a half - two centimeters. Gradually enter all the water and squeeze the buttocks of the child for a moment. Often an enema can replace the vapor tube. It is introduced into the anus of the child in the same way as the pear.
Efficiency is not worse than that of a cleansing enema. Gases often go along with feces, by and large because of what is happening irritation of the anal sphincter. But abuse or enema, or gas output tubes abuse physicians is not recommended.
Try as physiotherapy and massage the abdomen. Place the crumbs on the back, fingers grease oil for massage and stroke the tummy clockwise slightly, very carefully, pressing on his tummy. Massage should last at least 5 minutes. Then gently lift the baby's legs, pinning him to the tummy kolenochki. Repeat a similar exercise must be 15 times.
If the doctor will allow, you can try to solve the problem by using glycerin suppositories. These candles shaped like a bullet, and are made from glycerol without any additional impurities. So they are absolutely harmless, even for the youngest children. But a doctor should still consult. The principle of operation of these candles is very simple:
They are a reflex effect on the rectum, which encourages the emergence of desires.
In addition, these candles lubricate the anus, which is also greatly facilitates the process of defecation.
However, these drugs should not be carried away. Of course, the health of the child in terms of its composition spark totally safe. However, there is a high risk of addiction. As a consequence, the child without going to the toilet will be very difficult. Before use, be sure to check with your doctor.
When you need to sound the alarm?
But if there are cases in which parents have to sound the alarm immediately? Of course! First, kids infants. If grudnichka no chair more than one day, as soon as possible Bring the child to the doctor. If you have no such possibility, call the brigade "first aid".
Of course, the most likely cause of the constipation was the lack of milk or other reasons quite harmless. But in rare cases, constipation in infants may indicate the development of intestinal obstruction. This state represents a very serious threat not only for health, but for the life of the baby. In this case also requires urgent surgical intervention.
When it comes to children older alarm "bell" are:
- Intense pain. If a pipsqueak complains of abdominal pain or bloating in his present - it may indicate a bowel obstruction or other serious illnesses.
- Pale child. In that case, if the child is pale, parents should also begin to worry. Especially if paleness is accompanied by lethargy and fatigue of the child. This may indicate a severe intoxication.
- Blood in the stool. Probably all danger of explaining this phenomenon is not necessary. In some cases, blood in the stool may indicate internal bleeding - a very dangerous condition.
In conclusion, I would like to remind parents that the regularity of the chair of the child varies very individual. For some, once a day - the norm, but for someone and three times a week is enough. The main landmark - a child's well-being. If the stool is soft, and with the process of the child's bowel movements are no problems, then nothing to worry about.